Hawley Borough Hall is located at 94 Main Avenue, Hawley PA 18428.
Hawley, almost lost in the woods, was brought into existence in 1827 by the lumber industry, which survives in the cutting of mine sprags. There are four small textile mills here, but the chief income is derived from visiting sportsmen, who depend on local guides. Bear and deer are chiefly sought, but pheasant, rabbit, squirrel, grouse, woodcock, raccoon, quail, wild goose, wild duck, and opossum are also hunted.
At the western end of town is the "Pioneer Coach," used on the Pennsylvania Gravity Railroad operated between Hawley and Scranton from 1850 to 1885. The frame car, painted gray, is 25 feet long and has high steps at each end, and ten windows on each side. Two wooden benches run the length of the interior. Hand brakes were used on the 22 inclined planes along the road.
West of Hawley, farms and trim clearings form occasional breaks in the dense forests.