The first settler in the Zions Grove area was Jacob Breisch who built a house and opened a store in 1830. A post office was established in 1868, and the first postmaster was Theodore Van Duzen. In 1880 Zions Grove contained a store operated by Thomas J. Davis (postmaster at that time), a grist mill, a blacksmith shop, an Evangelical church (begun ca. 1879) and eight homes.
Catawissa Creek Road • Red Ridge Road • Ringtown Road • Route 339