Blooming Grove Township administrative offices are located at 488 Route 739, Blooming Grove, PA 18428.
Most of Blooming Grove Township remains undeveloped woodland including some 13,550 acres of State Forest Land and 7,300 acres of State Game Land, about forty-three percent of the total Township area of 48,200 acres. In addition, thousands of acres of land owned by hunting and fishing clubs, primarily the Blooming Grove Hunting and Fishing Club, add to the open space in the Township and remain relatively secure from development. 
The township was created in 1850 from parts of Lackawaxen and Palmyra. The first legal settlers were probably Levi Lord and his son, Simeon, ca. 1810. Squatters Sam and Solomon Helm, hunters and trappers, had previously built 2 log cabins in what would become the township.