Plainfield Town Hall is located at 6292 Sullivan Trail, Nazareth, PA 18064.
The earliest white settlers to inhabit the area were probably the Dutch who came down from New York State via the Delaware River beginning sometime prior to 1740. Plainfield Township was established in 1762. Bushkill Township was taken off in 1813. By 1850 there were more than 300 families with a population exceeding 1,700 persons. At this time the township had 7 stores, 4 grist mills, 3 saw mills, 2 distilleries, an oil mill and more than 200 farms. Employment generated by the slate industry from 1870-1900 attracted many workers of Welsh origin. [Plainfield Township, twp.plainfield.pa.us, accessed November, 2011.
Nearby Towns: Bangor Boro • Bushkill Twp • Chestnuthill Twp • East Bangor Borough • Forks Twp • Lower Mount Bethel Township • Nazareth Boro • Pen Argyl Boro • Roseto Boro • Stockertown Borough • Tatamy Boro • Washington Township • Wind Gap Borough •