Weaversville in 1920 was an attractive rural village situated about two miles east of Northampton in Allen Township. It contained a tavern, a store and about two dozen houses. It was at one time the center of culture and influence in the western part of Northampton County. Here John Hay, Jr., erected a grist mill in 1790, which passed into the possession of the Fatzinger family in 1826. Near the mill was the very beautiful home of the late Jacob Fatzinger, Jr., who was a well-known surveyor and historian, whose family still resided on the homestead in the early 1900s. Christofel Baer erected a mill on Hokendauqua creek, in the upper part of the Borough of Northampton, the year after the Hay mill was erected. It passed into the possession of the Leh family, and was recently demolished by one of the cement companies. It was known as the Stoffe Baer mill. Here was located the one-time famous Weaversville Academy. The building was erected in 1856, mainly through the influence of a few well-to-do farmers and professional men.