Worth Township building is located at 739 Kilgore Road, Jackson Center, PA 16133.
Worth township, which became a separate township in November, 1849, was named after the distinguished general William J. Worth, who died that year. A land company owned a large portion of this township and was active in promoting its settlement. Five brothers named Henderson were the first to locate here, selecting their lands in 1795 and returning to occupy them about two years later. The Henderson settlement in the north edge of the township in time grew to a village. A post office of that name was established in March, 1827, with Robert Henderson as first postmaster, and the office was conducted by someone of that name the greater part of its existence. Henderson post office was discontinued several years ago and its mail supplied by rural carriers.