Sandy Creek Township municipal offices are located at 39 Lake Road, Hadley PA 16130.
Sandy Creek Township is located in northern Mercer County. As the name suggests, this township is drained primarily by Sandy Creek. Tributaries to the Little Shenango River drain the southern parts of the township. There are three Natural Heritage Areas and one managed land - State Game Lands #270 located in Sandy Creek Township. 
The successive steps by which Sandy Creek Township was reduced from one of the largest to one of the smallest townships of the county were as follows. In 1801 the township of Sandy Lake designated all the northeast quarter of the county, the site of Mercer Borough being at about the southwest corner of this township. In 1802 the township was divided by an east and west line, and the lower half was called Cool Spring, and the upper part became Sandy Creek, the name Sandy Lake being dropped. In 1805 Sandy Creek was diminished by the erection of French Creek from the east part. From that year until 1851 Sandy Creek Township comprised the territory which is now divided among Sandy Creek, Perry, New Vernon and Deer Creek. The creation of these four separate townships was made in June, 1851.