Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Charleston

Jefferson Twp, Mercer County, PA

Charleston was platted in 1838 by Henry Campbell. A post office was established, called Hill, in March, 1858, the first postmaster being Ephraim Gundy, who was likewise one of the first merchants of the place. [1]

  1. White, J. G., editor, A Twentieth Century History of Mercer County Pennsylvania, The Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago, 1909

Street Names
Charlestown Road • Greenfield Road • Sharon-Mercer Road • State Street East