West Pittston Borough
West Pittston Borough Hall is located at 555 Exeter Avenue, West Pittston PA 18643; phone: 570-655-7782.
West Pittston is a pleasant town occupying the flats beside the Susquehanna River; many of Pittston's businessmen occupy attractive houses along its wide streets. Industrial activity is represented by three silk mills and a machine shop; 1,000 miners work in the vicinity.
At Exeter and Susquehanna Streets is the site of Jenkins' Fort, a small stockade burned by the British in 1778; the town was known as Jenkins' Fort until 1859.
Copyright © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 11957 • Privacy