Archbald Borough Hall is located at 400 Church Street, Archbald PA 18403.
The borough was incorporated in 1877 from Blakely Township (now Blakely Borough), named for James Archbald, and engineer with the Delaware and Hudson Canal Company. Archbald was appointed as superintendent when the Carbondale mines opened. Within the borough is the former hamlet of Eynon, named for Thomas Eynon, a Welshman who developed coal mines in the area. The borough became somewhat famous for the Archbald Pothole, the largest glacial pothole known to man. In terms of land area, the borough is indeed large at 16.8 square miles. 
Nearby Towns: Blakely Boro • Jessup Boro • Olyphant Boro •