Port Royal Borough Hall is located at 111 East 8th Street, Port Royal PA 17082.
The first school in the vicinity of Port Royal, then in Milford Township, was taught by John Gish as early as 1816, and stood on the banks of the Tuscarora Creek. This building burned down in 1825 and schools were held in various buildings for a number of years. John McLaughlin and David Powell taught in a house on Middle Street prior to 1834.
The borough was organized as a separate school district April 5, 1856, and Solomon Kepner, Jacob Koons, Isaac Frank, Adam Holliday, Richard Bryon and George W. Jacobs were the first directors. A new school building was built in 1870 at a cost of about seventeen hundred and twenty-five dollars, including the cost of the lot. The present two-story building, used for the grades, was built in 1889.
The Port Royal High School was organized in the fall of 1908. By a deed dated June 8, 1914, the Airy View Academy building was acquired by the Port Royal school board for $1,000. Dr. A. W. Shelly was president, Joseph W. Stimmel secretary, and D. C. Pomeroy treasurer of the last Board of Trustees of the Academy Association. The following year the building was remodeled and modernized, extensive repairs being made both ; to the interior and exterior.