Birmingham Borough Hall is located at 2450 Tyrone Street, Birmingham PA 16686.
John Cadwallader laid out the town of Birmingham, seven miles west of Huntingdon on the Little Juniata River in December, 1797. He hoped to make it a leading commercial center but his plans never materialized. In 1824 the town had nine houses and by 1840 had 235 residents. The town was incorporated as a borough on April 14, 1828. The Birmingham School for girls has become an acknowledged leader among preparatory schools in the east. The population of Birmingham was 196 in 1910; 197 in 1920 and 191 in 1930.