Township municipal offices are located at 11364 Fort Loudon Road, Mercersburg PA 17236.
Montgomery is one of Franklin County's original townships, erected in 1781, and named for General Richard Montgomery, who fell heroically at Quebec, in 1775. Settled by Scotch-Irish as early as 1730. Borough of Mercersburg and villages of Welsh Run, Bino, Clay Lick, Kasiesville, Shimpstown, Bloom and Camp Lick. Population in 1940 was 2,444. (in 2000, about 4,500)