Greene Town Hall is located at 1145 Garver Lane, Chambersburg, PA 17202.
Greene Township, established in 1788 and is named after Nathaniel Greene, a prominent General who served during the Revolutionary War. The Township developed along the roads that were in close proximity to the Conococheague Creek, which flows through the entire length of the Township. The earliest recorded settlement was by the Culbertson family between 1744 and 1787. The three main villages, Greenvillage, Scotland and Fayetteville were established between 1793 and 1844. Black Gap Road (State Route 997), originally laid out in 1750, essentially ties these three villages together. The original settlers in the area were Scotch-Irish Presbyterians. [www.twp.greene.franklin.pa.us, accessed March 2022].
Township municipal offices are located at 1145 Gruver Lane, Scotland PA 17254; phone: 717-263-4990.
Nearby Towns: Chambersburg Boro • Letterkenny Twp • Shippensburg Boro •