The Cranesville Post Office is located at 10283 Crane Street, Cranesville, PA 16410.
Cranesville was founded by Fowler Crane, a son of Elihu Crane, who settled on a tract in 1800, which has become the site of this borough. He laid out a village, built a tavern, and established a store and "Ashery" here at a crossroads where the Girard and Meadville Road crosses the Crane Road. It is 28 miles southwest from Erie, on the line of the old canal. The Bessemer Railroad runs through the town. A school house stood where the later post office site was, in very early days. The Methodist Church was erected in 1874, when the old church on the hill south of town was removed to Springfield. This place was incorporated as a borough March 30, 1912.
Nearby Towns: Albion Boro • Girard Boro • Platea Boro •