Halifax Borough Hall is located at 3311 Peters Mound Road, Halifax PA 17032.
Halifax is pleasantly located on the Susquehanna river, seventeen miles from Harrisburg. It was laid out by George Shaeffer and Peter Rise in 1794, but the deed was recorded by Philip Brindle and John Norton, attorneys for George Winters on the 8th of May, 1794. It was named after Fort Halifax. The town is beautifully situated in Armstrong's valley, the Wisconisco canal and Northern Central Railroad, passing between it and the river. Opposite the town is an island noted for an Indian mound, which according to Indian tradition contains the remains of many Indians.