Berwick Borough Hall is located at 344 Market Street, Berwick PA 18603.
Berwick, founded in 1783, was the terminus of the Towanda Turnpike of early days and of the Mauch Chunk and Nescopeck road. In 1828 ground was broken here for the North Branch Canal. Fort Jenkins, on the Susquehanna, between Berwick and Bloomsburg, was one of the chain of forts and blockhouses which served against the British and Indians during the Revolution.
Pop. 12,650 [ca. 1937; in 2000, population was 10,700]; alt. 505 ft. On the Susquehanna River, with Huntington Mountain on the north and Nescopeck Mountain on the south. The scenery along the river is unusually fine.