Allison is a tiny township of about 200 inhabitants bordering Lock Haven and Flemington.
Allison was one of the 12 original Clinton County townships. It was named in honor of Reverend Francis Allison, for whom the land was surveyed in the early "Officers' Surveys," in March of 1769. Allison served in the Provincial Army during the French and Indian War. The earliest settlers in the town were James Caskadden and Patrick Moore; their families came from Ireland before the American Revolution.