banner search whats new site index home

Flemington Borough

Flemington Borough Hall is located at 126 High Street, Flemington, PA 17745; phone: 570-748-7488.

Beginnings [1]

Flemington was incorporated in 1864 from Allison Township, and named for the Honorable John Fleming, an associate judge of Lycoming County.

When Lock Haven was incorporated as a city, March 28, 1870, its territory was enlarged with the addition of the village of Flemington and a large part of Allison Township, and so it remained until July 15, 1878, when the court re-erected Allison Township, and gave it political life and a place on the county map, and Flemington was thus returned to the township, and has since been a borough in its form of government.

  1. Frederic A. Godcharles, Litt.D., Chronicles of Central Pennsylvania, Lewis Historical Publishing Company, Inc., New York, 1944.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 12410 • Privacy