Reeceville, spreading along both sides of the highway between Guthriesville and Cedar Knoll in West Brandywine Township, has grown very little since it was founded by Joseph Reese in 1774. On a 1873 map of Chester County it appears as Liggett's Corner, probably for Caleb Liggett, but on the next map which was published in 1883 it was changed to Reeceville. The mapmaker made a mistake in changing the fourth letter in the name from "s" to "c". The post office at Reeceville, which was in business from Sept. 24, 1879, to Apr. 18, 1880, was known as Maple Shade. Samuel Reese, the village's general storekeeper, was the first postmaster.
Reeceville Road East