Brookmead Farms, formerly a 156-acre dairy farm on Route 363 in Tredyffrin Township between Valley Forge and New Centerville, was opened for residential development in 1956 when Edward Law moved to Chester Springs. Harry Doyle was the first of many developers of the tract. Norman Slott and Clarence S. Staats, Jr., were two others. Known during the American Revolution as the quarters of the Polish cavalry officer, Casimir Pulaski, the farm was given the name of Brookmead Farm by Francis R. Wood, a wealthy lawyer from Lower Merion Township who purchased it in 1898. In addition to more than 150 houses, a church and a school were built on the tract.
This neighborhood of detached single family homes was built circa 1955-1963. Interior living space ranges from approximately 1,800-3,000 sqft. with a median of approximately 2,400 sqft. Lots range from approximately three-fifths to nearly two acres with a median of approximately three-quarters of an acre.
The neighborhood is generally bounded by Valley Forge Road (west), Walker Road (south), Brookmead Road (east) and the Pennsylvania Turnpike (north).
Anthony Wayne Drive • Bradford Lane • Brookmead Road • Lexington Lane • Potter Lane • Pulaski Lane • Red Coat Lane • Stirling Drive • Sullivan Drive • Varnum Drive • Walker Road • Woodford Drive