Anvil Hills is a residential subdivision of approximately 24 detached, single family homes.
Homes are built on lots of at least 1 acre. We believe the homes were built after 1959, perhaps most of them in the mid 1960s, with at least one maybe as late as the 1980s. The following is excerpted from Edward Pinkowski's 1962 text, Chester County Place Names.
...situated in East Marlboro Township at the southwest corner of Golf Club Road and Beechwood Drive, was established as a subdivision in 1946 and was called Voytilla Farm until 1959. The Joseph E. Voytilla decided he wanted a new name. He chose the present (Anvil Hills) name because the 24 building lots he carved from his farm were located near the village of Anvil.
Beechwood Drive • Maple Drive