Huston Township offices are located at 970 Railroad Avenue, Julian PA 16844.
Huston township was erected at August Sessions, 1838, by a division of Patton township and called in honor of Hon. Charles Huston, a former President Judge of the District. The earliest settler in the territory of Huston was Thomas Parsons in 1784, who was followed by David Kilgour, and the Williams family is the most numerous of present residents. The village of Julian, a station on the Bald Eagle Valley railroad, resulted from the establishment of Julian furnace on its site in 1837 by General James Irvin. It is a great point of shipment for lumber. Martha furnace was established by Roland and James Curtin in 1830. Nothing remains of either furnaces except their sites and the names, preserved by post-offices and stations at the respective localities. Population of Huston township in 1850, 375; in 1860, 633; in 1870, 863; 1880, 892; in 1890, 766.