Haines Township municipal offices are located at 153 South Rachels Way, Aaronsburg PA 16820.
Haines Township was erected while part of the territory of Centre County was yet in Northumberland County, in February 1790, and so called after Reuben Haines, a brewer of Philadelphia, who owned large bodies of land in the township. Its valley surveys date back to 1766, and among its earliest settlers were Adam Harper, Jacob and Adam Stover. Its oldest village, Aaronsburg, was laid out by Noah Levy in 1786. James Duncan was the first store keeper. and a post office was established in Aaronsburg, April 1, 1798, and Mr. Duncan appointed post master. It now consists of two precincts, East and West, The first resident physician was Dr. Klepper, who was succeeded in 1811 by Dr. Charles Coburn. The first settler on the site of Woodward was John Motz in 1786, and the valley was laid out in 1848. Population in 1860, 1510 in 1870, 1354; in 1880, 1422; in 1890, 1490.