Burnside Town offices are located on State Route 879, Karthaus PA 16845.
Burnside township was erected out of Snow Shoe at November Sessions, 1856. It was named in honor of Hon. Thomas Burnside, formerly President Judge of the courts of the county, and afterwards Judge of the Supreme Court, who died March 25, 1851. Its northern boundary is the west branch of the Susquehanna river and its western boundary Black Moshannon creek. Its post-office, Pine Glenn, was established in 1854. The character of the land is wild and mountainous. A large body of land, known as "The Philadelphia City Lands," is located in this township. These are leased by the Spruce Run Park Association for fishing and hunting purposes, About 10,000 acres are enclosed and the streams Baughers, Spruce Run, etc., stocked with fish. Burnside population in 1860, 434; in 1870, 386; in 1880, 465.