Amid the trees and huge rock formations which abound in the southwest corner of Milford Township lies the village of Finland. This spot was often referred to in the Roaring 20's as the "Poconos of Philadelphia" and as "The Fineland." It is from this latter name that the post office put it on the map as Finland in 1886. Many summer camps were operated here over the years such as Camp Oaks on Nursery Road, Camp Silver Moon (operated as a Boy Scout camp), Camp Cedar Hill at Red Bridge, and the one still in operation today—Camp Men-O-Lan.
Source: Milford Township Historical and Preservation Society, PO Box 73, Spinnerstown PA 18968; 215-538-8101.
Trumbauersville Road • Upper Ridge Road