The earliest known name of the village was Schnabletown, in honor of Abraham Schnable, blacksmith and one of the first settlers. It has been claimed that "on a clear day" views from the Fairhill countryside extend to sights in seven counties (Bucks, Berks, Chester, Lehigh, Northampton, and Philadelphia).
When the post office was established in 1890, there was already a Fairhill post office in Philadelphia, so the name was changed to Garisville. When the post office was closed after a mere five years, the name reverted to Fairhill.
From circa 1875 to 1890 the village was home to a boot factory that employed more than two dozen people. Also located here was a cabinet/casket maker.
Fairhill Road • Keystone Drive