McCandless Town Hall is located at 9955 Grubbs Road, Wexford, PA 15090.
Originally founded in 1851 as Taylor Township, it was incorporated in 1857 and renamed for Wilson McCandless [1810-1882]. McCandless served as a U. S. District Court Judge from 1859 to 1876. A native of Pittsburgh, McCandless served for a time as a Pennsylvania State Senator. The first settler is believed to have been James Duff who, in 1796, purchased 400 acres. David Vogel was instrumental in the affairs of the founding of the township, beginning about 1849. [en,wikipedia.org, accessed, August, 2011]
Nearby Towns: Avalon Boro • Bellevue Boro • Ben Avon Boro • Franklin Park Boro • Millvale Boro • Ross Twp • Stowe Township •