Photo: Adena Mansion (Thomas Worthington House), ca. 1807, Adena Road, near Chillicothe, OH. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970. Photographed by user:Analog Kid (own work), 2007, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed October, 2012.
Chillicothe City Hall is located at 35 South Paint Street, Chillicothe, OH 45601.
The name Chillicothe is derived from the Shawnee Indian word Chalakatha which was the name of one of the chief settlements of the tribe. Chillicothe was twice the State Capital of Ohio — from 1803-1810 (when it was moved to Zanesville) and again from 1812-1816, at which time Columbus became the permanent seat of government. [www.chillicothe.com, accessed May, 2014]