Photo: Elliot House, ca. 1858, 301 South Main Street, Pataskala, OH. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. Photographed by user:Wdzinc (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed November, 2015.
Pataskala City Hall is located at 621 West Broad Street, Pataskala OH 43062.
Pataskala is a small Licking County community located in Lima Township approximately eighteen miles east of Columbus. It serves as a commercial and residential community for the surrounding farming region and contains a number of notable buildings, including churches, banks, some elaborate houses, and a school.
The town's historic character dates from the period beginning just before the Civil War and stretching to the Great Depression. Pataskala was platted in 1851 by Richard Conine, shortly before the Central Ohio Railroad (later to become the Baltimore and Ohio) arrived to provide the settlement with a link to the outside. In the next seventy-five years the town experienced a slow but steady growth, reaching nearly seven hundred inhabitants by 1900. Since the Second World War, it has undergone growth related to the spread of suburban Columbus.