Loveland City Hall is located at 120 West Loveland Avenue, Loveland, OH 45140; phone: 513‑683‑0150.
Loveland [†] was first settled by non-native people and Col. Thomas Paxton in 1795. It was then partially laid out by William Ramsey, a son-in-law, between 1848 and 1850 when Ramsey signed a contract to buy 189 acres of land in Warren and Clermont Counties for $7,300. The story recounted in Loveland Passages Through Time goes that the common phrase was, "Put it (the mailbag) off at Cincinnati." to Xenia, was a significant cause of population growth as Cincinnati commuters passed through the river town each day.
The Little Miami River, which separates Clermont and Hamilton Counties, was a limiting factor to growth in the area until the construction of a bridge in 1872. Due to this barrier, the areas on each side of the river were once referred to as "East" and "West" Loveland. On May 16,&n bsp;1876, Loveland was incorporated as a village with a population of less than 800 residents.
† City of Loveland Ohio, Historic Preservation and Planning Commission, Downtown Design Review District Guidelines, November 2020, accessed December, 2020.