The Geauga County Courthouse is located at 100 Short Court, Chardon, OH 44024; phone: 440-285-2222.
Geauga County, spread over 400 square miles, was established in 1806. By 1813 the population reached approximately 7,500 and by 2010 exceeded 90,000. The name Geauga is derived from a Native American word meaning Raccoon. Chardon was established as the county seat in 1808. The Town of Chardon was founded in 1812.