Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Allen County, Ohio

Allen County Photo

Photo: Marks Family House, ca. 1902, 233 North Franklin Street, Delphis, OH. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2010 [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2015.


TOWNS

The Allen County Courthouse is located at 301 North Main Street, Lima, OH 45801; phone: 419-228-3700.

Christopher Woods and his family settled in what would become Allen County in 1824. The county was established in 1831. The first county commissioners were James Daniels, John G. Wood, and Samuel Stewart.

HISTORIC SITES