Yonkers City Hall is located at 40 South Broadway, Yonkers NY 10701.
Photo: Leffingwell-Batcheller House, circa. 1888, located at 250 Palisade Avenue, Yonkers. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. Photographed by User:Magicpiano (own work), 2015, [cc-4.0] via Wikimedia Commons, accessed August, 2021.
The township of Yonkers was formed in 1788 with the divisions of Kingsbridge, Lower Yonkers, and Philipsburg. In 1855 the village, with the same divisions, became a political entity; in 1872, the municipality separated from Kingsbridge and became incorporated as the City of Yonkers.
The name Yonkers derives from the courtesy-title of "Yonkheer" (young nobleman) given to Adraien van der Donck, the first Dutch patroon of the area in 1652.