Wolcott Village Hall is located at 6015 New Hartford Street, Wolcott NY 14590.
Settlers began building homes in Wolcott around 1807;among the first familes were those of Jonathan Melvin, Frederick Wolcott, Adonijah Church, Osgood Curch and Obadiah Adams. A post office was formed with Dr. David Arne, a village physician, serving as its first postmaster.
The village was first incorporated in 1852 and subsequently re-incorporated in 1873. The name Wolcott honors Oliver Wolcott, a Connecticut Governor of that era. Many of the early settlers came from Massachusetts and Connecticut.