Troupsburg village is a pleasantly situated hamlet, near the center of town and on Troup Creek. Independent of the surrounding country, the hamlet has little history for its founding and subsequent growth were almost entirely due to the necessities of the inhabitants of the locality. Pioneer George Martin, better known as "Captain" Martin, made the hamlet beginning here when he built a saw mill on the creek. This was followed by a country store, then a public house, and finally small shops incident to such places completed the village settlement. A Methodist Episcopal Church and a Baptist Church were also located here, as well as a post office. In 1896 the postmaster was Benjamin F. Ford.
Back Street • Hopper Hill Road • Main Street • Route 36 • Route 82 • School Street • Troupsburg-Woodhull Road