Painted Post Village Hall is located at 251 Steuben Street, Painted Post, NY 14870.
Phone: 607‑062‑4605. Painted Post was established as a village in 1803.
The village, settled during the early 19th century, struggled during the late 19th century, partly eclipsed by the nearby City of Corning, and partly crippled by the decline of its once prosperous lumber-based economy. Most of downtown Painted Post, including dozens of old commercial buildings and 2 historic churches, were swept away or irreparably damaged during a devastating flood of the Cohocton River in 1972. The First Baptist Church (130 West Water Street) steadfastly resisted the village's rampant urban renewal campaign and salvaged their church; it remains a rare example of an historic building in downtown Painted Post.