Addison Village Hall is located at 35 Tuscarora Street, Addison, NY 14801.
Phone: 607‑359‑2100. The village was originally incorporated in 1854. Some residential properties along the north side of Grove Street and Steuben street appear to have Canisteo River access and/or views.
Addison is located on the banks of the Canisteo River near the Pennsylvania border. Like many a frontier town, Addison relied on the timber from its surrounding hillsides, which could be rafted down the river to the Chesapeake Bay, as one of the earliest cash crops. Early industries in the village included steam saw mills, grist and flour mills, sash, door and blind factories, a tannery, boot and shoe factory, wagon shops and blacksmith shops. By 1855, when the census had counted 1,300 citizens, Addison could be described as a thriving community. When the Erie Railroad came through in 1849, markets to the west — Chicago and beyond — were available to village entrepreneurs.
Nearby Towns: Addison Town •