Photo: East Arm of Greenwood Lake, Greenwood Lake Village, NY. Photographed by User:Luke Gordon (own work), 20076, [cc-by-2.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed February, 2015.
Greenwood Lake Village Hall is located at 18 Church Street, Greenwood Lake, NY 10925.
The Greenwood Lake area was originally settled by farmers in the 18th century. A village began to develop in the mid 19th century, platted by Solomon Caldwell. The village was incorporated in 1924.