Mineola Village Hall is located at 155 Washington Avenue, Mineola, NY 11501.
As early as 1858 the area was known as Mineola, named for Miniolagamika, an Algonquin Indian Chief. Translated, the chief's name meant "Pleasant Village."
The village was incorporated in 1906, having become the county seat in 1900. Then Governor Theodore Roosevelt was onhand for the laying of the cornerstone of the Nassau County Court House.