Clarkson Town Hall is located at 3710 Lake Road, Clarkson NY 14430.
First known as "Murray's Corners, the village name was changed to Clarkson Corners in honor of General Matthew Clarkson, a major landholder in the area, who donated 100 acres to the town at the time it was erected. Clarkson was incorporated from the Town of Murray in 1819. Its size was reduced in 1852 when the town of Union was incorporated (Union Town was renamed "Hamlin" in 1861 in honor of Abraham Lincoln's first Vice President, Hannibal Hamlin).
Among the first settlers were Moddy Freeman and James Sayers, Matthew Clarkson, Dr. Noah Owen, Henry McCall, and Isaac Williams. The Clarkson post office was established in 1816.
Nearby Towns: Brockport Vlg • Hamlin Town • Sweden Town •