Chili Town Hall is located at 3333 Chili Avenue, Rochester NY 14624.
Chili lies southwest of Rochester along the banks of the Genesee. Extending westward from the river, it forms, so far as its other three boundaries are concerned, a perfect square enclosing the settlements of Chili, North Chili, Chili Center, Buckbees Corners, and Clifton. It has no incorporated villages. The origin of the name is not established, though the Republic of Chile in South America, has been suggested.
The general surface of Chili is made up of gravel knolls. A strong soil of clay loam mixed with sand produces the chief agricultural products of the region cereal crops. Although the township was not formed until 1822, when Chili was set off from Riga, a settlement reported made in 1792 gives Chili one of the earliest beginnings in Monroe County.
The first settlement was made in the eastern part of the town in 1792 by Joseph Morgan. Andrew Wortman came in 1794, and Stephen Peabody and Colonel Josiah Fish and his son Libbeus, from Vermont, came in 1795.
Nearby Towns: Gates Town • Ogden Town • Scottsville Vlg • Spencerport Vlg •