Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Munsonville

Mayfield Town, Fulton County, NY

Beginnings [1]

Munsonville, on the Sacandaga Road about two miles southeast of Mayfield Village was settled by Solomon Woodworth just before the Revolution. He was soon joined by other pioneers named McLaren, Snyder, Goodmaster, etc. After a few years the real estate passed into the hands of Messrs. Vandenburgh, Leversee and others, and is now owned by Messrs. Vandenburgh and Munson, from the last of whom the place takes its name. E.B. Munson Esq., is a blacksmith by trade, and carries on the wagon and sleigh making business extensively. This is the only manufacturing done at the place. The hamlet, besides Munson's establishment, contains a post office, school house, and twelve dwellings.

  1. History of Montgomery and Fulton Counties, N.Y., F. W. Beers & Co., New York, 1878.

Street Names
Perigue Corner Road • Proper Road • Vandenburg Point Road