Ephratah Town, Fulton County, NY

Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact | Search

Rockwood — situated on Garoga Creek near the east line of the town had [in 1878] a population of about 300, and contained two churches (Methodist and Union), three stores (the principal one being owned by A. L. Benjamin who was also deputy postmaster), an unusually large and commodious hotel kept by A. P. Loomer, the paper mill of Straw & Young (who manufacture strawboard exclusively), two saw-mills, a peg factory, a tannery, and a glove factory. The place was once called Pleasant Valley, but on the establishment of a post office here in 1850, the name was changed to Rockwood.

  1. History of Montgomery and Fulton Counties, N.Y., F. W. Beers & Co., New York, 1878.

Nearby Neighborhoods

Street Names
Cemetery Road • Church Road • Route 10 • Route 29 • Smith Road • Youngs Road

Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact
Privacy | Disclaimer

Copyright © 1997-2024, The Gombach Group