In 1937 Mabbettsville was a hamlet consisting of a store, a garage, and a cluster of houses; it was formerly named Flikentown in honor of one of the Great Nine Partners. The present name was derived from James Mabbett, a commission auctioneer who settled here early in the 19th century. 
- Workers of the Dutchess County Unit, Federal Writers' Project of the Works Progress Administration, Dutchess County, American Guide Series, William Penn Association, 1937, Philadelphia.
Little Rest Road • Mabbettsville Road North • Route 44 • Route 98
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
LivingPlaces.com © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact
• 129087 • Privacy