Lithgow probably owes its name to some Scotchman, whose memories took him back to his ancestral heath. In 1937 it was a small hamlet with two churches, Methodist and Protestant Episcopal. One of the Nine Partners gave the land upon which the first church building was erected, in 1834. 
- Workers of the Dutchess County Unit, Federal Writers' Project of the Works Progress Administration, Dutchess County, American Guide Series, William Penn Association, 1937, Philadelphia.
Deep Hollow Road • Route 44
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
LivingPlaces.com © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact
• 134490 • Privacy