Valatie Village Hall is located at 3053 Main Street, Valatie NY 12184.
Valatie is a Dutch name which signifies Little Falls, and which it derives from a falls here of 15 feet; the village is situated at the junction of Kinderhook and Valatie Creeks. In 1871 it had more businesses than neighboring Kinderhook, though Child's Gazetteer claims it to be "a less handsome village than Kinderhook." The village was incorporated in 1856. In 1871 it contained about 1,900 inhabitants, 4 churches, 2 schools, and 2 hotels. About 550 of its residents were employed at various manufacturing mills in the area. Canoe Mills, and Wild's Sons' Mills made cotton cloth. The Crystal Spring Mill made knit goods, shirts, underwear, and hosiery. The Northern Star Wadding Mills manufactured cotton wadding. Abbot's Paper Mill, made straw wrapping paper.