Bainbridge Town Hall is located at 15 North Main Street, Bainbridge NY 13733.
Bainbridge was formed originally as part of Tioga County and named Jericho (1791). The name was changed in 1814. Parts of Norwich and Oxford were taken off in 1793. The lands in this town were first claimed by Robert Harper under a grant from the Indians; the title was repudiated by the State, and portion of the lands was granted other settlers. The first settlements were made in 1785 by immigrants from Vermont and Connecticut. The first church (Presbyterian) was formed about 1790 by the Reverend William Stone. By 1860 there were 7 churches in the town.