Almond Town Hall is located at 1 Marvin Lane, Almond NY 14804.
Almond was formed from the Town of Alfred in 1821. A part of Birdsall was taken off in 1829 and a part of West Almond in 1833. Reverend Andrew Gray and William Gray were the first settlers, coming to the area in 1796. They were followed by Joseph Rathbun, who became the town's first teacher, and Benjamin Vandemark, Matthew McHenry, and Joseph Coleman. These pioneers came from Luzerne County in Pennsylvania. By the year 1870 the population of the town was almost 1,700.