Settled in 1807 by Seventh Day Baptists who also settled Alfred Village about the same time. Early records of the development of the two settlements are often confusing, as many settlers of Alfred owned and/or operated residential and/or commercial properties in both communities. Alfred Station never achieved the prominence and prosperity that Alfred did, even though it was located on the Erie Railroad line (completed in 1851) and the state road from Hornell to points south. Alfred Station survived primarily as a shipping point for dairy products and farm produce in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
Route 21 • Shaw Road